AlUla Rock Art Trail
Rock Art Trail
Interpretative signage and a touch and feel table will help bring the stories to life. The 1500m track takes walkers on an elevated loop providing stunning views of Hegra. Visitors can choose daytime or evening for their rock art tour, the atmospheric evening tour includes torches for visitors to search for hidden details in the inscriptions.
To follow the AlUla Rock Art Trail, begin at Winter Park. Board the air-conditioned coach (be sure to arrive 40 minutes prior to your tour start time to allow for transportation). Your coach will convey you to Hegra Heritage Site.
Upon arriving at Hegra, your bus will stop briefly at the Hegra Welcome Centre, where you will be greeted by a Rawi. After a short briefing, the coach will transport you to the trailhead.
The experience isn’t complete when the trail ends. On your return trip, you will stop at a lookout point for unforgettable views. Take a moment to enjoy the scene and snap a selfie with the magnificent view of Hegra in the background.
Following this brief stop, your coach will return to Winter Park via the Hegra Welcome Centre, creating the perfect opportunity for you to explore more of Hegra Heritage Site.
Traveler Tip: Make the most of your time in Hegra
If you have a full day to spend, book tickets for two unique experiences available at Hegra Heritage Site: the Hegra Tour and the AlUla Rock Art Trail. On the day of your bookings, you can make the Hegra Welcome Centre your home base rather than returning to Winter Park between experiences.
- 8:20 a.m.: Arrive at Winter Park for transportation to Hegra Welcome Centre
- 9 a.m.: Arrive at Hegra Welcome Centre and meet the Rawi for transfer to the AlUla Rock Art Trail
- 10:30 a.m.: Rock Art Trail Experience ends; coach returns to Hegra Welcome Centre
- 11 a.m.: Check in at Hegra Welcome Centre for your Hegra Tour experience. Enjoy a leisurely day at this expansive site before returning to Winter Park.
Bike Park Details
9:00 - 10:30 am
3:30 - 5:00 pm
Evening Experience : Thursday - Friday
8:00 - 9:30 PM
- Duration of the experiment: 90 minutes
- Require medium fitness level
- Meeting point at Winter Park
- Arrive at the Winter Park - if driving park your car free of charge at the designated area near the entrance - our staff will guide you to the meeting point to join the shuttle bus to Hegra heritage site.
- Parking is not permitted at any of the heritage sites.
- Please arrive 40 minute prior to your tour start time to allow time for transportation.
- Book tickets in advance and have your printed copy or e-ticket ready when you arrive to check-in
- Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.
- Hegra is open expanse, and exposed to the elements, we encourge you to take responsibility of your health and saftely and stay hydrated.
- Late arrival for your booked time may result in being denied entry.
How to Get there
- Options 1: Drive directly to the AlUla Bike Park.
- See Location on Google
- Arrive 30 mins before your booking time
- Late arrivals may need to be rebooked for the next available slot
- Option 2: Take the transportation from Winter Park.
- See Location on Google
- Meeting point at southern part of Winter Park
- Must Arrive 1 hour 15 minutes before booked time
- Late arrival for your booked time may result in missing your trip or being rebooked for the next available slot
- Riders should be able to ride a bike and as the course is challenging, beginners to the activity are allowed.
- You must wear sports appropriate clothes, including no lose items and closed toe, flat shoes.
- Min weight: 20kg
- Max weight: 100kg
- Min age: 10 years old.
- Min height: 110 centimetres.
- Must be in good health free of any injuries.
- Must not be pregnant.
- Must bring photo ID and your ticket.
What to do
Unlock the secrets of this open-air museum, where an exciting collection of immersive experiences and activities bring its stories to life.
All Tours and Experiences
Hegra Tour 2 Hour Tour
Visit Hegra, Saudi Arabia’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the largest preserved site of the Nabataean civilisation south of Petra.
Hegra Rock Art Trail 1.5 Hours Trail
Explore Hegra with a rawi and learn the stories of the rock art found amongst the stone.
Alula Old Town Tour One Hour Tour
Take a tour or with a rawi through AlUla Old Town where pilgrims, travellers and permanent settlers congregated through the ages.
Dadan & Jabal Ikmah Tour 2 Hour Tour
Start your journey through time at Dadan the ancient Kingdom of the Lihyanite and Dadanite civilisations. Next take a 10-minute drive to Jabal Ikmah situated in a stunning desert canyon.
Dadan Heritage Trail to Old Town 2 Hours Trail
Weave your way through the beautiful AlUla Oasis, at your own pace. This 2 hours tour is self guided and at your leisure.
Elephant Rock Visit 2 hours Experience
Take a seat in our comfortable and stylish sunken seating, sit back and enjoy the view of our most famous geological formation Elephant Rock as she looms large over you.
Stargazing 4 Hours Experience
AlUla is a fantastic place for stargazing. At AlGharameel, you can enjoy a traditional bedouin set-up, with an expert guide on hand to tell you about the stars and constellations, and how they relate to AlUla’s culture and history.
Cycling Trail 2 Hours Experience
Follow the pack leader on a leisurely bike ride crossing through the sand dunes and surrounded by AlUla’s unique landscapes
Bike Park 2 Hours Experience
Visit Adventure Canyon's new purpose built Bike Park. This low impact, high energy adventure has bump and pump dirt tracks and is fun for all the family.
AlUla Zipline Experience One Hour Experience
One for thrill seekers, test your nerve by whizzing through the air on the zip line at Harrat Mountain.
Horse Trail 1.5 Hours Trail
Saddle up for this family-friendly guided trek through the stunning AlUla desert landscapes and lush oasis.
AlUla Buggies Experience 2 Hours Experience
Journey through peaks and dunes on this classic buggy experience. A modern, high impact option to experience a thrilling activity at the adventure canyon.
Sadu Escape Experience 4 Hours Experience
Description: Relax in an elegant tent with a view of secluded Camel Rock and the sounds of a laidback musical performance.
Restorative Yoga, Pranayama, Sound Bath Experience 1.5 Hours Experience
90-minute private and group sessions combine restorative yoga, gentle breathwork and meditation with an immersive sound bath.
Drumming One Hour Experience
Enjoy a class, join in an interactive drum circle or simply listen as uplifting percussion beats carry through the desert air, transforming your mood.
AlUla Fresh Farm 2 Hours Experience
AlUla Fresh offers a fantastic tour around the agriculture of AlUla. Get back to nature by picking fruits, planting seeds and enjoying a seating area in the farm
Exhale Yoga Sessions One Hour Session
Lets enjoy the beauty of AlUla and "BREATHE IN" the abundance of nature together.
AlUla Oasis view Trail 3 Hours Experience
Operated by: Jaddah Adventures Hike up to Alfath mountain peak to catch an unforgettable view of AlUla oasis, millions of palm trees below you.
The Adventure Trail 3 - 4 hour guided hike
Lace up your hiking-shoes and hit the mountains for a half day journey led by an expert guide through the rocky terrain and deep pools of water.
Hegra Vintage Jeep Tours Coming Soon
Hop in a vintage Jeep and explore the miles of tombs within Hegra.