SIGN UP to AlUla Preferred DMC Program
Thank you for your interest in the preferred DMC program led by RCU in AlUla.
We have minimum criteria and requirements for any professional travel organization to be considered for the program outlined below.
Destination Management Company (DMC) Definition
A destination management company is a professional travel management company specializing in the design and delivery/fulfillment of entrance tickets, tours, events, local transportation, and other different activities based on local knowledge and expertise. This type of company is usually locally based and uses local resources to provide products and services and satisfy interests and needs of individual clients and groups within a specific city, region, or a country. Its local knowledge, connections and experience allow designing products for travel industry clients such as: Outgoing travel agencies, Online Tour Operators, traditional Tour Operators, Meeting Planners and other Event Organizers, as well as for independent travelers at the destination. DMCs enable the professional servicing of all ground services in the destination to FIT travelers, VIPs & MICE visitors.
The following requirements are a guideline to attain preferred DMC accreditation within AlUla:
- An established office in AlUla
- Management team with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in destination management & specifically inbound tourism
- Experienced inbound staff permanently based in AlUla
- Owned assets in AlUla (Eg. Cars, bus, coach etc)
- The ability to manage FIT, Leisure Groups and MICE business with a focus on handling upscale VIP clients
- Contracts with local suppliers (Hotel, transport etc)
- Contracts with regional and international tour operators
- A clear business stagey that is in line with the mission and vision of AlUla
- A technology platform for the management and delivery of ground services
- To identify their functions as defined by Ministry of Tourism, Tour Operator, DMC, etc
- Insurance on product and experiences offered
- Owners and employees must have a non – conviction certificates
- The applicant shall provide the commercial register, stating the official title of the Head Office to be licensed, or a proof of registration in an accredited entity for registering e-businesses such as (Maroof). https://mc.gov.sa/en/Communityparticipation/Pages/maroof.aspx
Should you feel that you fulfill all the above initial criteria, please send an email to [email protected]
, and we will reply accordingly.