Stargazing and Moonlit Experiences in AlUla
Far from city lights, vast open spaces in remote desert lands create some of the world’s most enviable dark skies, making AlUla an idyllic locale for star watching.
The best time to go stargazing is the days before, during and soon after each new moon. Or Immerse yourself in a desert landscape and enjoy AlUla moonlit experience.
Stargazing & Moonlit Nights Experience
Experience the enchantment of desert stargazing led by a local expert surrounded by Gharameel’s mystical rock formations, and enjoy a traditional dinner under the stars.
*Schedule depends on the moon cycle
May 12th - August 31st Itinerary
- 5:00 PM - Meet at Winter Park
- 5:30 PM – Departure from Winter Park
- 7:00 PM - Start the stargazing experience
- 8:30 PM - Dinner is served
- 9:30 PM - Wrap up and head out
- 11:00 PM – Arrive back at Winter Park
- We recommend dressing in comfortable and warm attire suitable for the cold desert nights.
- Comfortable shoes, jacket/windbreaker/polar fleece.
- Meeting point at Winter Park southern entrance.
- 3-4 hour experience with expert guide
- Stargazing & traditional dinner
- Expert explanation of the stars and constellations
- Transportation from Winter Park to Gharameel and back
- Please arrive at Winter Park southern entrance at 5:00 PM to allow time for transfer & registration
- If driving, park free of charge in the designated areas at Winter Park
- Upon completing entrance formalities, transfer arrangements will be made
- Late arrival may result in missing your trip
AlUla Stargazing Experience won the AlUla Quality Stamp Award
The AlUla Quality Stamp is used to designate products and services that have been identified as offering an elevated level of service.
All Tours and Experiences
Hidden Valley Hike 1.5 Hour Experience
Take to the desert after dark and the tranquil ambience that surrounds you on the 4km walk.
Hegra Tour 2 Hour Tour
Visit Hegra, Saudi Arabia’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the largest preserved site of the Nabataean civilisation south of Petra.
Hegra Rock Art Trail 1.5 Hour Trail
Explore Hegra with a Rawi (guide) and learn the stories of the rock art found amongst the stone.
Helicopter Tour 30 Minute Tour
Take to the skies to experience the breath-taking views of stunning desert vistas and iconic landmarks such as Elephant Rock and World UNESCO site, Hegra. View the world from a new angle and make memories that will last a lifetime.
AlUla Old Town Market Shopping & Dining
Stroll through the outdoor market and shop local artisans, traditional crafts and cafes.
Alula Old Town Tour 1 Hour Tour
Tour on your own or guided by a Rawi through AlUla Old Town, where pilgrims, travellers and permanent settlers congregated through the ages.
Dadan & Jabal Ikmah Tour 2 Hour Tour
Start your journey through time at Dadan, the ancient Kingdom of the Lihyanite and Dadanite civilisations. Next, take a 10-minute drive to Jabal Ikmah situated in a stunning desert canyon.
Oasis Trail 2 Hour Trail
Weave your way through the beautiful AlUla Oasis. This 2-hour tour is self-guided.
Elephant Rock Visit 2 Hour Experience
Take a seat in our comfortable and stylish sunken seating, sit back and enjoy the view of our most famous geological formation Elephant Rock as she looms large over you.
Stargazing 4 Hour Experience
AlUla is a fantastic place for stargazing. At AlGharameel, you can enjoy a traditional bedouin set-up, with an expert guide on hand to tell you about the stars and constellations, and how they relate to AlUla’s culture and history.
Cycling Trail 2 Hour Experience
Follow the pack leader on a leisurely bike ride crossing through the sand dunes and surrounded by AlUla’s unique landscapes.
AlUla Oasis View Trail 3 Hour Experience
Operated by Jaddah Adventures. Hike up to Alfath mountain peak to catch an unforgettable view of AlUla oasis, with millions of palm trees below you.
The Adventure Trail 3 - 4 Hour Guided Hike
Lace up your hiking shoes and hit the mountains for a half day journey led by an expert guide through the rocky terrain and deep pools of water.