Duration: 2 hours
Meeting location: Dadan Visitor Centre
We advise reaching the Dadan Visitor Centre 15 minutes before your start time. After checking in, visitors will gather onboard the vintage Land Rovers and cruise to the famed Lion Tombs and Dadan excavation site. One of our expert guides will explain the historical significance and answer all of your questions about this magnificent heritage site. Enjoy the natural beauty of the vast desert on the ride back to the visitor centre.
Children 8 years and older are welcome. This tour is not suitable for people of determination.
*This same ticket also provides access to the Jabal Ikmah walking guided tour; explore a stunning open-air library of thousands of ancient inscriptions. Jabal Ikmah is located just 10 minutes’ drive from Dadan. transporation to Jabal Ikmah and back are included in your tour ticket.
3 July - 30 September 2023
Tours are available daily at:
Oct 2023- Mar 2024
- 2-hours safari excursion in a vintage Land Rover
- Expert tour guide (English or Arabic)
- On-site parking at Dadan Heritage Site
- Trasportation to Jabal Ikmah and back.
- walking tour at Jabal Ikmah
Highlights for this tour include:
• Lion tombs
• Excavation area
Recommended Attire & What to Bring
• Comfortable, loose clothing
• Closed-toe walking shoes or boots
• Hat, sunglasses, sunblock
*Please note the vintage Land Rover is a convertible, and the sun can be strong.
• Pre-booking is required.
• Please arrive at the Dadan Visitor Centre 15 minutes prior to your tour.
• Please bring your Passport/Iqama for check-in.
• Parking is complimentary.
• Children 8 years and older are welcome.
• This tour is not suitable for people of determination.
• Maximum number of people per tour is 7 people per vehicle.
• Late arrivals or no shows may result in you forfeiting your experience.
Terms & Conditions
To protect our heritage:
The heritage sites have been part of AlUla’s cultural landscape for thousands of years. We hope the visitors who explore these sites will preserve this historic area by adhering to the following:
- Take nothing but pictures; leave nothing but footprints.
- Please adhere to the designated walking paths and do not enter non-designated areas, such as the tombs. There is still much to be discovered about AlUla, and entering the tombs or other areas may damage the antiquities yet to be discovered underneath.
- Please avoid distorting or marking the rock surfaces, including touching our pouring water on the engravings.
- Do not remove rocks or take anything from the heritage sites.
- Keep these sites clean; put your litter in the allocated bin.
- For your safety, please do not climb rocky ledges.
Please Do Not
Visitors who mistreat the monuments will be asked to leave and will not be allow to revisit in future.
Do not scratch, draw or in anyway mark the monuments.
- Do not climb.
- Heritage sites are non-smoking except in the designated smoking areas.
- Do not remove or take anything from the tombs.
- Do not remove or take anything from the ground.
- No fires of any kind are permited including campfires.
- No trees or plants are to be removed.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Customer Bookings: We will gladly refund the ticket price of cancelled experiences up to 3 days before the scheduled tours. Unfortunately, we are unable to refund credit card fees. Experiences cancelled within 1–3 days before your tour may be rebooked if timeslots are available but are not eligible for refund. We are unable to refund or rebook experiences cancelled on the day of scheduled tours.
Booked through 3rd Party or Travel Agent: If you booked your experience through a third party, please coordinate with them on policies, changes and updates.