Dadan & Jabal Ikmah Tour
Tours are not available 18 Jan - 24 Jan
HOW WILL YOU GET AROUND DADAN?
You will tour the extensive site between Dadan and Jabal Ikmah in an air-conditioned coach which is included in your ticket price.
The Dadan and Jabal Ikmah Tour starting point is at Winter Park where you will board the coach to the Dadan Welcome Centre. Download bus schedule
At the Dadan Welcome Centre you’ll be greeted by one of the local rawi’s and offered complimentary Arabic coffee, some local dates and water and a short briefing.
Explore the ruins of the ancient Kingdom of Dadan, one of the most developed 1st millennium BCE cities in the Arabian Peninsula. Dadan was the capital of the Dadanite and then the Lihyanite Kingdoms and one of the most important centres of the caravan trade.
Head to the east of the city to see more than a dozen tombs cut into the red-rock cliff faces, including the famous Lion Tombs marked by seated lion sculptures and marking the burial site of a member of the royal family.
This area was once just a basin covered in dust and sand. Now it’s a live excavation site and archaeologists are discovering more about this little known era in Northern Arabian history.
You can move on to Jabal Ikmah to examine the hundreds of inscriptions and writings on the cliffs and rock faces that date mainly to the Dadanite and Lihyanite periods. There are five different languages found in the inscriptions in Jabal Ikmah including one which is the pre-cursor to the Arabic language. These inscriptions help decipher the way of life and the things that matter to the people living in AlUla during that era.
We are working hard to protect the heritage sites from any accidental or unintended damage in order to preserve them for future generations, this tour does not include entry to the any of the tombs and you can only visit and see them from outside.
Please book online or at the visitor centre at Winter Park before visiting Dadan & Jabal Ikmah to avoid disappointment.
Dadan and Jabal Ikmah
- Your Journey to Dadan and Jabal Ikmah starts at Winter Park where there is free of charge designated parking and where you board a shuttle bus to transfer you to Dadan.
- Arrive at Winter Park 25 minute before your tour start time to allow time for transportation.
- The tours are daily, with the first tour starting at 9 am and the last tour starting at 3 pm.
- Tours and capacity are subject to availability and COVID-19 restrictions apply.
- With the transportation from Winter Park and back, allow up to two hours for the Dadan and Jabal Ikmah Tour.
- Visitors can download the Experience AlUla app for an immersive location-specific digital guide.
- Cost: SAR 60 per person and SAR 30 for children (aged 5 – 12). Children under 4 are free.
- Arrive at the Winter Park - if driving park your car free of charge at the designated area near the entrance - our staff will guide you to the meeting point to join the shuttle bus to both Dadan and Jabal Ikmah heritage sites.
- Book tickets in advance and have your printed copy or e-ticket ready when you arrive to check in.
- Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.
- The heritage sites are exposed to the elements, we encourge you to take responsibility of your health and saftely and stay hydrated.
Coming Soon at Dadan & Jabal Ikmah
Dining & shopping
Refunding & rebooking policies
Tours and Experiences
Hegra Tour 2 Hour Tour
Visit Hegra, Saudi Arabia’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the largest preserved site of the Nabataean civilisation south of Petra.
Dadan & Jabal Ikmah Tour 2 Hour Tour
Start your journey through time at Dadan the ancient Kingdom of the Lihyanite and Dadanite civilisations. Next take a 10-minute drive to Jabal Ikmah situated in a stunning desert canyon.
The Adventure Trail 3 - 4 hour guided hike
Lace up your hiking-shoes and hit the mountains for a half day journey led by an expert guide through the rocky terrain.
Stargazing 4 Hours Experience
AlUla is a fantastic place for stargazing. At AlGharameel, you can enjoy a traditional bedouin set-up, with an expert guide on hand to tell you about the stars and constellations, and how they relate to AlUla’s culture and history.
Cycling Trail 2 Hours Experience
Follow the pack leader on a leisurely bike ride crossing through the sand dunes and surrounded by AlUla’s unique landscapes
AlUla Oasis view Trail 3 Hours Experience
Operated by: Jaddah Adventures Hike up to Alfath mountain peak to catch an unforgettable view of AlUla oasis, millions of palm trees below you.
Hidden Valley Hike 2 Hour Hike
Connect with nature on this enchanting secluded hike across AlUla’s sand dunes.
Exhale Yoga Sessions One Hour Session
Lets enjoy the beauty of AlUla and "BREATHE IN" the abundance of nature together.
AlUla Fresh Farm 2 Hours Experience
AlUla Fresh offers a fantastic tour around the agriculture of AlUla. Get back to nature by picking fruits, planting seeds and enjoying a seating area in the farm
Bike Park 2 Hours Experience
Visit Adventure Canyon's new purpose built Bike Park. This low impact, high energy adventure has bump and pump dirt tracks and is fun for all the family.
AlUla Buggies Experience 2 Hours Experience
Journey through peaks and dunes on this classic buggy experience. A modern, high impact option to experience a thrilling activity at the adventure canyon.
AlUla Zipline Experience One Hour Experience
One for thrill seekers, test your nerve by whizzing through the air on the zip line at Harrat Mountain.
The Oasis Trail Coming February 2021
Weave your way through the beautiful AlUla Oasis, at your own pace. This 2 hours tour is self guided and at your leisure.
Hegra Rock Art Trail Coming February 2021
Explore Hegra with a rawi and learn the stories of the rock art found amongst the stone.
Hegra Vintage Jeep Tours Coming February 2021
Hop in a vintage Jeep and explore the miles of tombs within Hegra.
Alula Old Town Tour Coming February 2021
Take self-guided tour or with a rawi through AlUla Old Town where pilgrims, travellers and permanent settlers congregated through the ages.